Sunday, May 31, 2009

Family Guy

(CLICK HERE to visit The Official Website)

THESE IMAGES HAVE BEEN REMOVED IN COMPLIANCE WITH FOX'S COPYRIGHT LAW. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, GUYS, BUT HEY - IF IT WERE OUR COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, WE'D BE DOING THE SAME THING!

THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING. - Chance

The year was 2006 and I had just completed the last of 508 original, hand-drawn sketch cards for the second Family Guy trading card series. There may, in fact, be a few diehard bloggers who remember a post similar to this one from back then. The job was for 12 or so artists to each create a minimum of 500 sketch cards, which would each be randomly inserted into every 25th pack of Family Guy trading cards. Needless to say, we had our work cut out for us. Before rushing from my house at the last minute to deliver the package to FedEx (imagine a full-grown Little Billy sprinting down the city streets as that last truck out preps for departure), I had managed to scan most of the cards in my set. Upon returning home, my plan was to immediately blog my favorites...which I did, only to discover later that doing so was a breach of contract. A closer look at said contract revealed that we had been asked by Inkworks, Inc. (the producers of the card series) not to publish any cards online or elsewhere until the sets had a chance to circulate through the public. I quickly removed the blog post before anyone was able to see it and that was that...until now!

About a month ago, I Googled myself just for fun, and in doing so, stumbled upon this amazing website. It seems someone took the time to collect a huge portion of the cards from ALL the various artists involved in the project. They created a website for each artist showcasing as many of their cards as possible, and are still accepting submission scans from those who have found sketch cards. The above link will take you to the Chance Raspberry Sketch Cards Page, where you can view many of the cards from my batch, as well as those drawn by other artists! Thanks a million to Scoundrel Art Community for spending your time and energy on this website!! I'm sure I speak for all the Family Guy Sketch-Cardists when I say it's a real honor and privilege seeing our work appreciated and enjoyed!

2 comments:

arlo ramz said...

awesome stuff! [=

Smarry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.