Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Welcome!

Greetings, fellow Bloggatarians!!

My name is Chance Raspberry and welcome to my official Animation Art Blog...which I like to call The AnimAttic. Animation, comics, and art in general have been my #1 passion since I was a small child. In fact, to this day I can hear my parents trying to explain to their five-year-old son how pausing the VCR (remember those??) for hours on end, to draw scenes from a favorite cartoon, would destroy the machine. We lost more VCR's that way!

My family and I are originally from Tennessee. In 1983, I moved with my parents to Los Angeles, CA at the ripe old age of two...been living (and drawing) here ever since! Like most of the kiddies I grew up with, I loved watching the after-school and Saturday morning cartoon shows. The difference was that immediately after (and sometimes during) these frequent viewing sessions, I'd grab the nearest pen, pencil, or crayon I could find and try to recreate what I saw on the screen.

Since then, life has been quite a journey. I've attended various art classes and schools, including the CSSSA Animation Program at Cal Arts, Otis College of Art & Design, and The Animation Academy of Burbank, CA! Along the way, I have had the priviledge of working with the fine people at Cartoon Network, Film Roman, InkWorks, Inc., and several other freelance opportunities. This blog is a collaboration of personal favorites from each of those experiences, along with several works from my own projects involving animation, comics, and art. I truly appreciate all of you taking the time to explore my world and I sincerely hope you enjoy what you find enough to return again. I'll be adding to and updating this blog as frequently as I can with NEW and current artwork from my animated projects! So until then, here's wishing you, The World, an exceptional rest of the year! God bless!!

From The Heart,


- -= cR

9 comments:

Joanna said...

Hey, I didn't know you were from Tennessee. I'm from Tennessee too! I've seen you around the animation lab at CSUN. Thanks also for the lecture on Wednesday, even though it was a while back. Your words were encouraging! Good luck with everything man! My best wishes to you! CHEERS to your animation and musical career!!!(By the way, can I add you as a friend in myspace?)Anyways, take care!

Justin Rodrigues said...

hey chance it's about time you got a blog. now you just have to check it. and comment on mine. Hope everything is good with you call me soon we can go draw.

James Dylan said...

cool, can't wait to see some work..

martin wittig said...

Looking forward to your work!:)

animationGiant said...

Yeah! I remember you at the Animation Academy. I look forward to seeing your stuff!

Mr. Jones said...

Chance, A voice from the past. I stumbled upon your my space while trying to find out why my email was linked to a my space.(which my daughter had done a year ago) anyway to make a long story short, I was looking through l.a.b. alums and came across your name. I am so excited for you. I knew you were going to do something that would use your incredible talent... and it looks like you did. Well listen, don't want to take your time up, but wanted you to know that I am so excited for you. I may go back in time and find some of those doodles you did on your scantrons. Might be worth something! blessings!
Mr. Jones

Alex said...

Hi, I think your blog is awesome. Have you heard about http://wildsvillegalley.com? They're new, but I saw very nice pieces there.

soso1000 said...

hey chance i dont know i you remember me but is soso you were my art teacher at mickeals in burbank about 3 years ago

Rémi CrosaSSo said...

Hi man, thanks for sharing your passion, I really feel good with that! I love the simpson also, so it's great to see homer in some key-frame in blue!
Well I'Rémi, from France.
Great job, impressive.

Here's my personnal site.
http://remigrozozzo.blogspot.com/

Bye
Rémi